Hi! My name is Jéssica Soares dos Santos and I am a PhD candidate in Computing at Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I received my Master’s degree in Computing from Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil (2016) and my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the same university (2014). My current research interests are mainly related to Machine Learning and Big Data focusing on Sentiment Analysis and Transfer Learning. I am researching the use of data analysis to better gauge opinions about elections on social media. I also have some research projects in the area of Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence involving Normative Multi-Agent Systems and Ontologies.
- Dec 2020: Attending the Microsoft Research PhD Summit 2020.
- Oct 2020: Presentation about Artificial Intelligence and its applications – SNCT Ciência Sob Tendas, UFF.
- Oct 2020: Presentation about Artificial Intelligence and Elections – SNCT Nova Friburgo, Women in Technology, Nova Friburgo.
- Oct 2020: Presentation entitled “Mineração de Opiniões Eleitorais usando mídias sociais” – Ciclo de Seminários, Instituto de Computação UFF.
- Sep 2020: Presentation about Artificial Intelligence and its applications for social good – Escola de Governo e Gestão (EGG), Prefeitura de Niterói.
- Jul 2020: Presenting a tutorial about Latex and Overleaf at the PPGC/UFF Winter School.
- Jul 2020: Attending the 10th Lisbon Machine Learning Summer School (LxMLS).
- Jul 2020: Attending the Thirty-seventh International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML 2020). Thank you for the registration grant!
- Jun 2020: Selected as one of the inaugural recipients of the 2020 Microsoft Research Latin America PhD Award! Thank you so much for this award, Microsoft Research! To see more detail: Microsoft Research Announcement
- Jun 2020: Attending the WomenTech Global Conference 2020. Thank you to the organizers for the invite-only ticket.
- May 2020: Oral presentation of Research Paper at the 22nd International Conference on Enterprise and Information Systems (ICEIS). The papers presented were developed during my internship at IBM Research Brazil.
- Apr 2020: Selected to attend the 8th International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR). Thank you, WiML and Facebook for the registration grant.
- Mar 2020: Summer School PPGC/UFF 2020, Niterói, Brazil. Presentation of a short course of Latex and Overleaf. Slides are available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T-u-xSpaTIPeLfaxUs3J1zqFLFEs15iP/view?usp=sharing
- Dec 2019: Attending the NeurIPS conference, Vancouver, Canada. Thank you, LXAI for the travel grants. Poster Presentation at the LXAI Workshop, LXAI volunteer, LXAI Program Committee Member.
- Nov 2019: Attending the Khipu conference and summer school, Montevideo, Uruguay. Thank you, Khipu organizers for the travel grants. I presented a poster related to my PhD research.
- Oct 2019: Attending the 8th Brazilian Conference on Intelligent Systems (BRACIS), Salvador, Brazil. Oral presentation of a research paper.
- Aug 2019: Winter School PPGC/UFF 2019, Niterói, Brazil. Presentation of a short course of Natural Language Processing with Python.